Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionNasir al-Din al-Tusi, the 13th-century Shi'i philosopher and scholar, is one of the most controversial Muslim personalities of his time. His contributions to different fields of learning, including astromy, theology and philosophy, won for him the horific titles of scholar ( Muhaqiq ) and the Eleventh Intellect . In Isma'ili circles he was held in the highest esteem and addressed as Da'i al-du'at wa khwaja-i ka'inat , chief propagandist and master of creation. This is al-Tusi's spiritual autobiography. Although it is t traditionally listed in his writings, contemporary scholars have doubts about its authenticity. In it, al-Tusi recounts his spiritual attraction and conversion to Isma'ilism. The work of and inquisitive and highly intelligent mind, the importance of this document lies t only in al-Tusi's account of his spiritual journey but also in his clear and vivid elaboration of the Shi'i Isma'ili doctrine of ta'lim , or the need for authoritative teaching by the Isma'ili imam.
- Author BiographySeyyed H. Badakhchani is a Research Associate and Keeper of Ismaili manuscripts at The Institute of Ismaili Studies, London.
- Author(s)Nasir al-Din al-Tusi
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/1998
- LanguageEnglish & Persian.
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight299 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byMuhammad ibn Muhammad
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.