Contemplative Youth Ministry: Practicing the Presence of Jesus by Mark Yaconelli (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.58+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionContemplative Youth Ministry is refreshing rain for dry youth workers and barren youth ministries. More than the same old youth ministry tips and tricks, it gives principles and practices to soak in God's grace, love, and power. I wish I had read it 15 years ago. - Kara Powell, Ph.D., executive director, Center for Youth Ministry and Family Ministry, Fuller Theological Seminary. Mark invites readers to be encountered by the presence of Jesus who is always near. This book is transparent about the challenges that churches and families face as they desire to be effective in youth ministry. The book is filled with the honest stories of different kinds of youth ministries representing the breadth of Christianity in the United States. I heartily endorse Contemplative Youth Ministry as a rich encounter with the souls of youth and adults whose lives have been transformed by our very present God. - Bill Kees, director of youth ministries, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). Mark Yaconelli t only reminds us of some of the long-forgotten pathways of faith, he shares with us how it actually looks when men and women who love God practice it with young people. I especially appreciate Mark's optimism in his perspective of today's kids, for his insights are grounded in God's view of them. - Chap Clark, Ph.D., associate professor of youth, family, and culture, Fuller Theological Seminary. Mark Yaconelli was experimenting with contemplative youth ministry practices before contemplative youth ministry practices became cool. This book has about it the unique air of authenticity. He shares with us in these pages his own journey as a youth worker who actually believes that God's still small voice speaks louder than the roaring windstorm of our busy youth ministry calendars. It's a book about creating for our students places of silence and opening up spaces for God to speak. - Duffy Robbins, professor of youth ministry, Eastern University; author of Enjoy the Silence and This Way to Youth Ministry . Mark Yaconelli has emerged as one of youth ministry's most provocative 'voices in the wilderness,' calling us back to our theological taproots: The contemplative practices that bind our lives to the life of Christ. If Mark's research has taught us anything, it's that these practices do t cause youth ministry to take flight into a spiritual never-never land; rather they anchor young people - and their churches - in the fertile soil of Christian tradition, in the nitty-gritty of daily life, and in the explosive transformation that awaits us when we wait upon God. - Kenda Creasy Dean, parent, pastor, and professor of youth, Princeton Theological Seminary; author of Practicing Passion: Youth and the Quest for a Passionate Church .
- Author BiographyMark Yaconelli is the cofounder and director of the Youth Ministry and Spirituality Project. His research and ministry with young people has been groundbreaking in its exploration of spiritual direction, contemplation, and ancient spiritual practices as the basis of discipleship with young people. Mark is in demand as a retreat leader and speaker throughout the United States. He is married with three children.
- Author(s)Mark Yaconelli
- Date of Publication07/04/2006
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleYouth Specialties S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 8
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Interest AgeFrom 99 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.