All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe essays in this volume offer access to some of the most invative contemporary black fiction in America and address important issues in current African American literary studies. Distinguished scholars join writers and younger scholars to explore the work of Toni Morrison, Edward P. Jones, Trey Ellis, Paul Beatty, Mat Johnson, Kyle Baker, Danzy Senna, Nikki Turner, and many others. Together these essays make the case that diversity, invation, and can expansion are essential to maintaining the vitality of African American literary studies.
- Author BiographyLovalerie King is Director of the Africana Research Center, Associate Professor, and Director of Graduate Studies in African American studies at Pennsylvania State University. She is author or co-editor of six books, including James Baldwin and Toni Morrison: Comparative and Theoretical Essays; Race, Theft, and Ethics: Property Matters in African American Literature; and New Essays on the African American Novel.Shirley Moody-Turner is Assistant Professor of English at Pennsylvania State University.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication26/10/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlacks in the Diaspora
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note3 b&w illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byLovalerie King,Shirley Moody-Turner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.