All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis critical history examines the major themes and accomplishments in African art since the middle of the 20th century, seeking to achieve a balance between the critical re-examination of frequently-discussed artists, groups and workshops and the introduction of less-publicized or more recent material. Postcolonial art in Africa has built seamlessly upon already existing structures in which older, precolonial and colonial genres of African art were made. It is in this sense, and in the habits and attitudes of artists towards making art, rather than in the adherence to a particular style, medium, technique or thematic range, that the art is recognizably African . Beginning in the early 1950s, the transformations in patronage, training and literacy brought about the birth of new genres which have been propelled onto a world stage.
- Author(s)Sidney Littlefield Kasfir
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2000
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleWorld of Art S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note180 illustrations, 74 in colour
- Weight440 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.