All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAt one time dismissed by many as inaccessible, elitist or even facile, contemporary art has since entered the realm of popular culture and is enjoyed by millions of gallery visitors every year. Public interest has grown dramatically since the 1990s, in part due to influential art collectors such as Charles Saatchi, whose promotion of contemporary art brought about the rise of The Young British Artists (or YBAs) to international celebrity status. Over the past decade ambitious redevelopments and new constructions conceived specifically for contemporary art - such as London's Tate Modern, Centre Pompidou in Paris and Museo Guggenheim Bilbao - have attracted record numbers of visitors. This accessible guide pinpoints key artists and events, and so helps demystify a generation of rapid change in the art world. The A-Z listing features 200 of the most widely exhibited and remarkable artists who have made substantial contributions over the past 40 years; with biographies, insights into their key works and cross-references to linked artists, themes and movements.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Bonham-Carter holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature from Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois; and a Master of Arts degree in Curating Contemporary Art from the Royal College of Art, London. She writes for a variety of international arts publications, including Flash Art, Contemporary, Untitled, Art Press and CIRCA; and was contributor to The Portrait Now, published by the National Portrait Gallery. She has written for and edited a number of exhibition catalogues, and co-curated Exquisite Corpse, at the Irish Museum of Modern Art. Formerly assistant curator at Barbican Art Gallery, London and she is now assistant curator at the Institute of Contemporary Arts, London and editor of ROLAND, the magazine of the ICA's visual arts programme.
- Author(s)Charlotte Bonham-Carter
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGoodman Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width125 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.