All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- Description<i>Contemporary Art In North America</i>the fourth title in Black Dog Publishing s ARTWORLD seriesis a unique and timely survey into art deriving from the United States and Canada today. Diverse in both content and style, art in the United States and Canada reflects the multi-cultural roots from which it stems, as seen in the range of mediums and techniques covered, from painting, photography and video, to installation, performance and curatorial practices. Richly illustrated profiles showcasing more than 50 of some of the most influential artists from the region have been arranged by medium in an attempt to transcend geographical and regional perceptions and are contextualised by New York-based arts journalist Michael Wilson in his insightful introductory essay Contemporary Art in the United States and Canada . Also featured are a select number of articles and essays that represent the diversity of voices from across the continent, including Critical Art Ensemble, Ken Lum, Martha Rosler, Jerry Saltz and Jan Tumlir. From Photoconceptualism to large-scale installation art, and the latest practices in a range of media, <i>Contemporary Art in North America</i> provides an insightful examination into the styles, perceptions and cultures of this region and its art, articulating varied arguments and opinions that guide the reader to further discussion and debate concerning the subject.
- Author BiographyMichael Wilson is an independent arts writer and editor, and occasional curator and artist, based in Brooklyn, New York. His writing has appeared in a wide variety of publications including Art Monthly, Artforum, Contemporary, Modern Painters, Time Out New York, Village Voice and The Wire. Wilson has also contributed to exhibition catalogues published by Art in General, La Biennale di Venezia, Lisson Gallery, Marlborough Gallery, Matthew Marks Gallery, the New Museum of Contemporary Art, P. S. 1 Contemporary Art Center, and the Photographers Gallery.
- Author(s)Michael Wilson
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication25/03/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleArtworld
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Content Note213 illustrations
- Weight1588 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.