Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionA revolution occurred in Australian theatre in the late 1960s with the creation of new theatre companies who had a passionate commitment to Australianness. The creators of this new drama were mostly young and fresh out of university. They were impatient with what they felt was stuffy, mostly imported theatre of relevance to themselves.In its place they set about creating a theatre which was Australian in every sense. The new drama explored Australian themes and issues. It was a theatre where the playwright had pride of place. Many of these playwrights are w household names. Contemporary Australian Drama is an authoritative and definitive introduction to their work. It is a book for critics, as well as for those who love theatre.
- Author BiographyLeonard Radic was theatre critic for The Age in Melbourne for 20 years and is himself a playwright. He is the author of an earlier work on the subject, The State of Play. He lives in Melbourne.
- Author(s)Leonard Radic
- PublisherBrandl & Schlesinger Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBlackheath
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBrandl & Schlesinger Pty Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.