All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionChina has created its own distinctive pathway to becoming one of the world's largest ecomies - and the country's ecomic and political development over the next decade will have profound implications for the rest of the world. Kwledge of contemporary China is therefore essential for anyone who seeks to understand politics, business and international affairs in the twenty-first century. Assuming prior kwledge, this book presents an accessible and engaging introduction to all aspects of China. Following a scene-setting chapter on the making of modern-day China, the book moves on to examine the country's political and ecomic structures, its society and culture, and its changing place in the world. Looking to the future, the book also considers the demographic and political challenges which China w faces. Kerry Brown shows that there is a vibrant debate within the country about what China is, in what direction it might go and what sort of power it should become. The text is illustrated throughout with figures and tables, boxes focusing on key issues and an extensive guide to further reading and useful websites. This accessible and lively book is the ideal starting point for students and general readers who want to kw more about this important country.
- Author BiographyKerry Brown is Director of the China Studies Centre and Professor of Chinese Politics at the University of Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)Kerry Brown
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleContemporary States and Societies
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight324 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.