All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary art in China takes place in a post-socialist context and, at the same time, a post-traditional one, searching for balance between aesthetic legacy and modernization. It also tries to find its position in the post-colonial globalized arena. This book explores the tension between individual artistic freedom and a dominant discourse of central Chinese government, between China's cultural legacy and modernization, and between China and a global art world still dominated by a Western can. As a case study, this book focuses on the artists who participated in the Venice Biennale in 1993, which was the first time contemporary art from mainland China was structurally invited to participate in a global art context.
- Author BiographyJeanne Boden is a writer and a researcher of Chinese art.
- Author(s)Jeanne Boden
- PublisherVUB University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintVUB University Press
- Weight726 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.