CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThis successful text provides a comprehensive and contemporary introduction to financial management, focusing on shareholder wealth maximization and cash flow management, the international aspects of financial management, the ethical behavior of managers, and the increased impact of the Internet in business practice. Content has been added or enhanced to reflect the effects of the 2008-2009 recessions on corporations.
- Author BiographyDr. Ramesh P. Rao is a professor and holds the Paul C. Wise Chair of Finance in the William S. Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University. He earned a B.S. at the University of the Philippines, M.B.A. from the Asian Institute of Management and Ph.D. from Texas Tech University. He has coauthored over 60 journal articles in publications such as Journal of Business, Journal of Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Financial Management, and others. Rao's research interests focus on mainstream corporate finance issues including compensation and board structure, corporate control, capital and ownership structure, information signaling and related areas. Rao was former program chair and president of the Southwestern Finance Association, and is also the coeditor of the Journal of Applied Finance, and a director of the Asian Finance Association. He has been recognized for his teaching and research excellence including the following awards: 2009 Southwestern Finance Association Best Paper in Corporate Finance Award, Richard W. Poole Research Excellence Award (2008-2009), Chandler-Frates & Reitz Teaching Excellence Award-MBA Program (OSU-Tulsa campus, 2008), Regents Distinguished Research Award (2007), and others. William J. Kretlow, formerly with Tenneco and Monsanto, joined the University of Houston faculty in 1971. Since 1977, Professor Kretlow has taught at the Stonier Graduate School of Banking of the American Bankers Association. He also has taught at Rice University and has received various teaching awards. In addition to coauthoring this text, he has published articles in the REVIEW OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC RESEARCH, THE JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR INFORMATION SCIENCE, and THE FINANCIAL REVIEW, among others. Professor Kretlow has advised various small and medium-sized companies on financial matters, served as an expert witness in a number of financial cases, and is experienced in the valuation of closely held businesses. James R. McGuigan owns and operates his own numismatic investment firm. Prior to this business, he was Associate Professor of Finance and Business Economics in the School of Business Administration at Wayne State University. He also taught at the University of Pittsburgh and Point Park College. Dr. McGuigan received his undergraduate degree from Carnegie-Mellon University; his M.B.A. at the Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago and his Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh. In addition to his interests in economics, he has co-authored several well-known books on financial management. Charles Moyer is Professor of Finance and Entrepreneurship and Dean Emeritus of the College of Business at the University of Louisville, earned his BA in Economics from Howard University and his MBA and PhD in Finance and Managerial Economics from the University of Pittsburgh. Professor Moyer is Dean Emeritus and former holder of the GMAC Insurance Chair in Finance at the Babcock Graduate School of Management, Wake Forest University. He also has taught at the University of Houston, Lehigh University, and the University of New Mexico and spent a year at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and a year at the Department of Commerce in Washington. Professor Moyer has taught extensively abroad in Germany, France, and Russia. In addition to this text, Moyer has coauthored Managerial Economics, 13th edition (Cengage-South-Western, 2014). He has been published in many leading journals, is a member of the Board of Directors of Summit Biosciences, Capitala, and the Kentucky Seed Capital Fund. He has supplied cost of capital testimony in nearly 100 public utility rate cases.
- Author(s)James R. McGuigan,R. Charles Moyer,Ramesh Rao,William J Kretlow
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/05/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date28/10/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1650 g
- Width205 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 12th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.