Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionAfrica today confronts, and is kwn for, daunting developmental challenges, despite the abundant human and material resources and significant global development assistance. A number of issues have been identified as causes of the continent's poor development performance. However, a number of these implicated issues have been insufficiently unaccounted for, and the majority of existing analysis on them is too generic and misinformed. Against this background, this book uses Nigeria as an example to contribute kwledge and informed research to the wider African continent. Nigeria is the most populous nation in Africa, and is one of the continent's most resource-endowed countries, but, despite this, it is one of the poorest countries in the entire world. While many studies have examined the country in depth, its continued development complications and its paradoxical status on the world stage suggest that there is still a need to better understand the country. Even though the issues of Nigeria are engaged with directly in this book, the findings have implications and relevance for the rest of the continent and many other developing countries in general. As such, this book will be of particular interest to all development students, scholars, practitioners and policy makers, especially those interested in the sustainable development of Africa, both w and in the future.
- Author BiographyA.O. Olutayo, PhD, is a Professor at the Department of Sociology in the Faculty of the Social Sciences of the University of Ibadan, where he is currently Dean of Faculty, and was previously the Head of the Department. He has published widely in various journals, contributed to several edited volumes, and authored and co-authored numerous books.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication09/03/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byA. O. Olutayo,A. O. Omobowale,Olayinka Akanle
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.