All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an important selection of the most important and experimental contemporary designs for residential spaces throughout the world. Following intense debate throughout the 20th century, the issue of residential housing is becoming increasingly central to the contemporary situation, characterised by large cities, urban sprawl and general fragmentation in spaces of the home and collective life. Projects are attempting to give answers through flexible systems that try to give form to new public and private spaces for the individual. The home speaks of a world that is changing very rapidly and the selected projects can be seen as experimental attempts to give shape to new ways of experiencing the home in the future. Through an analysis of some of the most significant projects built in the last ten years, this book traces pivotal themes such as density, flexibility, the relationship with the land, constructing on the constructed, and the image of the house. Analysis is made in essays written by leading authors in the field.
- Author BiographyMaria Alessandra Segantini has published several studies in leading international architectural journals, such as Abitare, Architectural Digest, A+U, and Detail. She is the author of several essays and books.
- Author(s)Maria Alessandra Segantini
- Date of Publication22/09/2008
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Out-of-print date28/12/2012
- Content Note423 illustrations, 355 in colour
- Weight920 g
- Width165 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.