Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Issues in Bioethics: A Catholic Perspective applies the best of the Roman Catholic theological and ethical tradition to some of the most controversial and complex bioethical topics that confront contemporary society. Walter and Shann combine clear, concise and accessible prose with teachable case studies on such issues as reproductive cloning, quality of life and clinical decision making, and the withdrawal of artificial nutrition and hydration. Divided into four sections-theological issues, issues at the beginning of life, issues with genetic medicine and the care of ill patients, and issues at the end of life- this book is ideal for use in college, university, and seminary courses on bioethics, as well as for medical professionals, policy makers, and individual readers.
- Author BiographyJames J. Walter is the Austin & Ann O'Malley Professor of Bioethics and Chair of The Bioethics Institute at Loyola Marymount University. He is co-author (with Thomas Shannon) of The New Genetic Medicine: Theological and Ethical Reflections. Thomas A. Shannon is Professor of Religion and Social Ethics at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, MA. He is the editor of Rowman & Littlefield's Readings in Bioethics series.
- Author(s)James J. Walter,Thomas A. Shannon
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/11/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Weight440 g
- Width170 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.