All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContemporary Issues in Human Resource Management is uniquely holistic in its approach to advanced HRM and takes the reader logically through a wide variety of practical issues and functions that affect HR practitioners. Topics addressed include competition and choice, people and skills, regulation and public policy, social trends, engaging people, managing an international workforce, and developing and implementing HR strategies. It is an essential one-stop resource that clearly evaluates the issues surrounding the way people are managed, offers insight into the future development of HRM, and provides the theoretical framework that will enable success in practice. Contemporary Issues in Human Resource Management is packed full of engaging features, such as chapter-by-chapter learning outcomes, case studies, critical reflections, questions and activities designed to actively engage you with the material addressed and summaries of key points to aid learning. Taking you step-by-step through the aspects of HR management so vital for the practice of HR within an organisation, Stephen Taylor's invative textbook is ideal for students taking an HRM module at undergraduate or Master's level, as well as students taking other modules that explore people management in relation to the wider business context. Online resources are offered to complement the material and include antated web links, for a wealth of useful sources and information to develop your understanding, multiple choice questionnaires, PowerPoint slides for tutors to design their programmes, along with Lecturer's guides.
- Author BiographyStephen Taylor, Chartered FCIPD, is a Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management at the University of Exeter Business School, UK. He is also a Chief Examiner for the CIPD.
- Author(s)Stephen Taylor
- PublisherChartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationWimbledon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- Weight645 g
- Width191 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.