All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is contemporary jewellery? What makes it unique? What distinguishes these objects and practices from other visual arts? Contemporary Jewelry in Perspective provides clear definitions, concise history and cultural context for the form, along with abundant illustrations of an amazing range of work. Featuring table contributors from around the world, it offers fascinating discussions on creating, collecting, exhibiting, selling, and wearing these pieces, as well as individual essays that present a global perspective on the art over the past 30 to 40 years. Jewellers, designers, students, collectors, and historians will find this essential reading.
- Author BiographyDamian Skinner is an art historian, curator of applied art and design at the Auckland Museum and former editor of Art Jewelry Forum. He was a Newton International Fellow at the Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Cambridge, and his books include The Carver and the Artist: Maori Art in the Twentieth Century (Auckland University Press); Pocket Guide to New Zealand Jewelry (Velvet da Vinci, 2010); and Place and Adornment: A History of Contemporary Jewellery in Australasia (Bateman Publishing), coauthored with Kevin Murray.
- PublisherLark Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationAsheville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLark Books,U.S.
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes photographs, includes illustrations
- Weight1383 g
- Width229 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDamian Skinner
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.