All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Alexander Miller s highly readable introduction to contemporary metaethics provides a critical overview of the main arguments and themes in twentieth- and twenty-first-century contemporary metaethics. Miller traces the development of contemporary debates in metaethics from their beginnings in the work of G. E. Moore up to the most recent arguments between naturalism and n-naturalism, cognitivism and n-cognitivism. From Moore s attack on ethical naturalism, A. J. Ayer s emotivism and Simon Blackburn s quasi-realism to anti-realist and best opinion accounts of moral truth and the n-reductionist naturalism of the Cornell realists , this book addresses all the key theories and ideas in this field. As well as revisiting the whole terrain with revised and updated guides to further reading, Miller also introduces major new sections on the revolutionary fictionalism of Richard Joyce and the hermeneutic fictionalism of Mark Kalderon. The new edition will continue to be essential reading for students, teachers and professional philosophers with an interest in contemporary metaethics.
- Author BiographyAlexander Miller is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Otago.
- Author(s)Alexander Miller
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication29/03/2013
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Weight564 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.