All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionE-learning is at an exciting point in its development; its potential in terms of research is great and its impact on institutional practices is fully recognised. This book defines e-learning as a field of research, highlighting the complex issues, activities and tensions that characterise the area. Written by a team of experienced researchers and commented upon by internationally recognised experts, this book engages researchers and practitioners in critical discussion and debate about the findings emerging from the field and the associated impact on practice. Key topics examined include: * access and inclusion * the social-cultural contexts of e-learning * organisational structures, processes and identities * technical aspects of learning research - using tools and resources * approaches to learning and teaching practices and associated learning theories * designing for e-learning and the management of educational resources * professional roles and identities * the evolution of e-assessment * collaboration, motivation and educational evaluation. Contemporary Perspectives in E-Learning Research provides a synthesis of research, giving readers a grounding in contemporary e-learning scholarship whilst identifying the debates that make it such a lively and fast-moving area. A landmark text in an evolving field, this book will prove invaluable for all researchers, practitioners, policy makers and students who engage with e-learning.
- Author BiographyGrainne Conole is Professor of Educational Innovation in Post-Compulsory Education at the University of Southampton. She was previously the Director of the Institute for Learning and Research Technology at the University of Bristol. Currently funded projects include the HEFCE-funded E-Learning Research Centre, the JISC/NSF funded DialogPlus digital libraries project and the ESRC National Centre for Research Methods. She is also editor of the Association of Learning Technologies journal, ALT-J. Martin Oliver is senior lecturer at the Institute of Education. Prior to this he was a lecturer in Teaching and Learning (Communication and Information Technologies) at University College London.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleThe Open and Flexible Learning Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byGrainne Conole,Martin Oliver
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.