Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionNational Olympic Games were more closely connected with the Ancient Greek ideal than the modern international Olympic Games of de Coubertin. Moreover, such national or regional Olympic Games have t only been precursors for the international Olympic Games but also they have been further developed parallel with the international Olympic Movement - even in the 20th century, in Europe, in North and South America and in Asia. In the emerging nation states of Europe, both before as well as after the turn of the century, these national Olympic Games had a more important function (identity-forming) than the Olympic Games.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Roland Naul is Professor of Sport Science and Sport Pedagogy at the University of Essen, Germany. He served as Vice-President and President on the executive boards of the International Society of Comparative Physical Education and Sport and the International Committee of Sport Pedagogy. His areas of research are European History of Physical Education and Sport, Olympic and Comparative Studies in Physical Education and Sports.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/1997
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleSport Sciences Intenational S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1997
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note6 fig., 4 tab.
- Weight300 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byRoland Naul
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.