All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.96Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the last thirty years, the field of translation has exploded with multiple new theories. Contemporary Translation Theories examines five of new approaches - the translation workshop, the science of translation, translation studies, polysystem theory, and deconstruction - all of which began in the mid -1960s and continue to be influential today.
- Author BiographyEdwin Gentzler is Director of the Translation Center and Associate Professor of Comparative Literature at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He is co-editor (with Maria Tymoczko) of Translation and Power (Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press, forthcoming) and author of numerous articles on translation theory and practice. He serves as co-editor (with Susan Bassnett) of the Topics in Translation Series for Multilingual Matters and is on the editorial board of several journals, including Metamorphoses (Amherst/Northampton), Across (Hungary), and Cadernos de Traducao (Brazil).
- Author(s)Edwin Charles Gentzler
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2001
- Series TitleTopics in Translation
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 21
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.