Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contributes to the growth of interest in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), an approach to second/foreign language learning that requires the use of the target language to learn content. Within the framework of European strategies to promote multilingualism, CLIL has begun to be used extensively in a variety of language learning contexts, and at different educational systems and language programmes. This book brings together critical analyses on theoretical and implementation issues of Content and Language Integrated Learning, and empirical studies on the effectiveness of this type of instruction on learners' language competence. The basic theoretical assumption behind this book is that through successful use of the language to learn content, learners will develop their language proficiency more effectively while they learn the academic content specified in the curricula.
- Author BiographyYolanda Ruiz de Zarobe received her PhD in Linguistics from the University of the Basque Country (Spain). She is Associate Professor of Language and Linguistics at the University of the Basque Country, Spain. Her research interests are second and third language acquisition. Her recent publications have focused on the acquisition of morphosyntactic aspects of English as a third language, multilingualism, and issues related to Content and Language Integrated Learning. Rosa Maria Jimenez Catalan is Associate Professor of Applied Linguistics at the University of La Rioja. She has a PH.D in English Philology Studies and is the author of articles and books on English second language learning and teaching. Her current research interests include vocabulary acquisition and teaching and the analysis of the effect of gender and type of instruction on vocabulary development in English as a foreign language.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2009
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 40
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight358 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byRosa Maria Jimenez Catalan,Yolanda Ruiz de Zarobe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.