All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging from the contested site of a new university campus, educators reflect upon the transformative process of reconceptualising and rebuilding a faculty of education in the twenty-first century. Contested Sites in Education seeks to improve an understanding of and conversations about the nature, meaning and significance of higher education's public service within the scope of a democratic society. This volume offers educators and students a praxis-oriented, hope-infused, contemplative approach to conceiving, developing and in some cases, returning to public service and public identity in the twenty-first century. Contested Sites in Education will prepare future leaders who thoroughly understand, consciously apply and intentionally use democracy, selfkwledge, cultural kwledge, habits of mind, reflective learning communities and advocacy in their professional lives.
- Author BiographyKaren Ragoonaden is a faculty member of education at the University of British Columbia's Okanagan Campus. Her publications and research interests lie in the areas of scholarship on teaching and learning, French education, and diversity pedagogy. Her most recent articles focus on intercultural communication competence, critical pedagogy and selfstudy of teacher and teacher education practices.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication13/02/2015
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleCritical Education & Ethics
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byKaren Ragoonaden
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.