All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionShows that sports films tackle socially constructed identities such as class, race, ethnicity, sexuality, and gender. In addition to discussing the genre's recurring dramatic tropes, this book looks at the social and cinematic impacts of real-life sports figures from Jackie Robinson and Babe Didrikson Zaharias to Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan.
- Author BiographyAaron Baker is director of graduate studies for the Humanities Program at Arizona State University. He is the editor of Out of Bounds: Sports, Media, and the Politics of Identity.
- Author(s)Aaron Baker
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication17/01/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note8 photographs
- Weight272 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine330 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.