Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionBlurring boundaries between many disciplines, Context Providers supplies a context and a rationale for discussing how techlogical change has affected the function of art, the role of the artist, and the way artistic productions are disseminated. It also explores how techlogically networked environments increase the need for flexible information filters as a framework for establishing meaning. Moreover, Context Providers considers the work of media artists who are directly engaging the scientific community through collaboration and active dialogue. Context Providers will appeal to art historians, theorists and curators, as well as art administrators, grant providers and those studying both practice and theory in media arts.
- Author BiographyMargot Lovejoy is Professor Emerita of Visual Arts at SUNY Purchase and author of Digital Currents: Art in the Electronic Age (Routledge, 2004). Christiane Paul is the Adjunct Curator of New Media Arts at the Whitney Museum of American Art and the director of Intelligent Agent, a service organization dedicated to digital art. Victoria Vesna is a media artist, and a Professor at the Department of Design/Media Arts at the UCLA School of the Arts.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, figures
- Weight599 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byChristiane Paul,Margot Lovejoy,Victoria Vesna
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.