All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive anthology provides a collection of classic and contemporary readings in continental aesthetics. Extending from romanticism through modernism to postmodernism, the volume includes landmark texts that have sparked renewed interest in aesthetics, including works by Kant, Nietzsche, Hegel, Heidegger, Sartre, Lukacs, Habermas, Foucault, Kristeva, and Derrida. The range and significance of the primary sources presented, together with the editors' introductions, make this volume essential for anyone interested in aesthetics or philosophy of art.
- Author BiographyRichard Kearney is Professor of Philosophy at University College, Dublin and a visiting professor at Boston College. He has been a visiting lecturer at several universities across the US and Europe. His publications include: States of Mind (1995), Poetics of Modernity (1995), and The Wake of Imagination (1998). David Rasmussen is Professor of Philosophy at Boston College. He is Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the journal Philosophy and Social Criticism (1978-), the Philosophy and Social Criticism Book Series (1995-), and Cultural Hermeneutics (1973-7). He is the author of The Handbook of Critical Theory (Blackwell, 1996) and Reading Habermas (Blackwell, 1990).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/06/2001
- Series TitleBlackwell Philosophy Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight876 g
- Width173 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byDavid Rasmussen,Richard Kearney
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.