Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the relationship between morality and rationality in the context of historical and present-day contractarian ethics. From Rawls to Gauthier, contractarians have attempted to construct their methodological foundations on the theory of rational choice. Through a careful study of the nature and limits of the theory of rational choice, Jung Soon Park argues that the theory cant provide the reliable foundations for contractarian liberal ethics. Consequently, the author takes seriously the question about the future of contractarian liberal ethics: Is it the end or can there be a transformation?
- Author BiographyThe Author: Jung Soon Park studied philosophy at Yonsei University in Seoul, where he obtained an M.A., and at Emory University in Atlanta, where he obtained a Ph.D. His specialty is moral and political philosophy. He is a part-time lecturer in the Department of Philosophy at Yonsei University. Contractarian Liberal Ethics and the Theory of Rational Choice is his first book.
- Author(s)Jung Soon Park
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1992
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 5: Philosophy
- Series Part/Volume Number122
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight580 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.