Contrast Emp Survivals - A Tale of Two Towns: This Novel Contrasts a Cataclysmic Electromagnetic Pulse Burst Over Two Towns. Cantville, Was Emp Unprotected and Faltered Under a Bare Existence Life While Farmville Retained Most of the Pre-Emp Event Lifestyles. This Keeps Readers Guessing. by Donald Royce J White (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis n-fiction vel helps prevent the destruction of electricity and electronics that instantly results from an upper atmospheric detonation of a nuclear weapon (EMP = High altitude Electromagnetic Pulse) by a terrorist or rogue nation. Over roughly a 500-1,000 mile ground radius, an EMP explosion burns out most computers, electronic-control systems, telecommunication and transportation devices. Airplanes lose control; vehicles dysfunction; elevators get stuck; subways stop; lighted structures go dark; radio and TV cease; and commerce comes to a near halt. Humans are t killed: infra-structure remains physically intact. Scientists, military, industry and others testifying before Congress say this is an event waiting to happen - Not if, but when. The USA Dept. of Defense has EMP protected it's Navy ships, other military structures, and selected government office buildings. Yet, little EMP protection exists in the civil sector of commercial and residential infrastructures, solar farms and the electric grid. Therefore, these voids of protection provide new options in this faction for EMP protecting new component and system hardware design with cost estimates, insurance and who pays and how. For town participating folks, this n-fiction vel is written mostly in the third person. It also provides a sequel to Forstchen's, New York Times bestseller, One Second After wherein he describes a catastrophic dysfunctional life following an EMP incident. My book describes two contrasting towns 200 miles apart in Virginia, both exposed to the same EMP incident. The first town is t EMP protected. The other town is over 95% EMP protected. What an ermous survival and lifestyle difference! These two post-EMP town episodes are contrasted in each chapter, depicted in time sequence, such as the day of the EMP event, one week later, one month later, etc. Each time elapse chapter also has a third part which is lessons learned from the post EMP events of the contrasting towns. This goes on till one year later, in the final chapter, an ermous contrast is presented between the two towns via a remarkable but compassionate summary of lessons learned. The vel part is a thriller and written for the general public level in order that the lay can follow the action. It is also highly illustrated by drawings, graphs, diagrams, charts, tables, and photos to support the text and tutorials. Shielded solar rooftops are a major part of an EMP protection plan and survival, since, with few exceptions, batteries and generator fuel shortage cant handle the electrical load when electric grid goes down. Plan for this while producing new products and services, opening new markets, and prospering from income and jobs so generated. That's what this n-fiction vel combo offers. Enjoy the thriller as you read; follow the material and apply its teachings.
- Author BiographyAbout author, Donald R.J. White Don White, registered professional engineer, retd., holds BSEE and MSEE degrees from the University of Maryland. He is past CEO of three Electromagnetic Compatibility companies in metro Washington, D.C. Don has written and published 14 technical books over a span of of 30 years. His last book was The EMC, Telecom and Computer Encyclopedia, an 800-page compendium. At Don White Consultants, he published a bimonthly trade journal called EMC Technology magazine circulated over four continents. He was the technical editor and wrote many of the tutorial articles. Don is past president of IEEE Electro-magnetic Compatibility Society and is the recipient of IEEE awards.
- Author(s)Donald Royce J White
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.