Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionThis historic collection, the first of its kind, is devoted to the discussion of Italian-Canadian writers publishing in English, in French or in Italian. These critical essays include analyses of some important writing: F.G. Paci's Black Madonna, the poetry of Mary di Michele and Pier Giorgio Di Cicco, the plays of Marco Micone, Gens du Silence and Addolorata, the vels of Maria Ardizzi and many other titles. The ten contributors make significant additions to the study of Canadian literature: D.C. Minni examines the short story; Alexandre Amprimoz and Sante Viselli consider Italian-Canadian poetry; Roberta Sciff-Zamaro analyses Black Madonna; Robert Billings fathoms di Michels's verse; Frank Paci considers the task of the velist. Fulvio Caccia's essay on the literary languages of Quebec is controversial as are Filippo Salvatore's arguments on the writer and politics. Antonio D'Alfonso speculates on future developmetns among the more than one hundred Italian-Canadian writers. In addition to editing the collection, Joseph Pivato introduces the volume with a long essay on ethnic history and literary criticism in Canada, includes ather essay on Italian-language writers and concludes with a detailed bibliography and an index.
- Author BiographyJoseph J. Pivato is a professor of Literary Studies in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at Athabasca University. He is the founding professor of the Master of Arts Integrated Studies program. His research has helped to establish the academic recognition of ethnic minority writing in Canada, particularly the Italian-Canadian literature.
- PublisherGuernica Editions,Canada
- Date of Publication01/12/1991
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitlePicas
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGuernica Editions,Canada
- Weight195 g
- Width110 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJoseph Pivato
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.