All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe devastating impacts of the recent global financial crisis underscore the need for both financial institutions and banking supervision to develop more appropriate credit risk models to ensure the stability of the financial system. This work contributes to quantitative credit portfolio risk modeling in three ways. First, it introduces a general credit portfolio modeling concept that comprises specific credit risk management models as special cases. Second, analytical techniques are presented for specifying asset correlations in a credit portfolio through systematic factors. Finally, a new approach for clustering of obligors in a credit portfolio is proposed using threshold accepting, a stochastic optimization technique. In particular, a computationally tractable technique to validate ex-post the precision of the clustering system is suggested and applied to a real world retail credit portfolio. The contributions of this book should provide benefit to practitioners, academics and graduate students in the field of financial risk management.
- Author BiographyAkwum Onwunta holds a B.Sc. in Mathematics, an M.Sc. in Mathematical and Physical Analysis, and a PhD in Economics. He worked for over three years as Marie Curie research fellow at a bank in Germany in the area of credit portfolio modeling under the umbrella of Computational Optimization Methods in Statistics, Econometrics and Finance (COMISEF) project. In general, the author is interested in mathematical modeling of real-world problems with financial and economic relevance, as well as in scientific computing. His current research is focused on quantitative portfolio risk modeling.
- Author(s)Akwum Onwunta
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSchriften Zur Empirischen Wirtschaftsforschung
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, tables
- Weight260 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.