All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionEnables readers to apply process dynamics and control theory to solve bioprocess and drug delivery problems The control of biological and drug delivery systems is critical to the health of millions of people worldwide. As a result, researchers in systems biology and drug delivery rely on process dynamics and control theory to build our kwledge of cell behavior and to develop more effective therapeutics, controlled release devices, and drug administration protocols to manage disease. Written by a leading expert and educator in the field, this text helps readers develop a deep understanding of process dynamics and control theory in order to analyze and solve a broad range of problems in bioprocess and drug delivery systems. For example, readers will learn how stability criteria can be used to gain new insights into the regulation of biological pathways and lung mechanics. They'll also learn how the concept of a time constant is used to capture the dynamics of diffusive processes. Readers will also master such topics as external disturbances, transfer functions, and input/output models with the support of the author's clear explanations, as well as: Detailed examples from the biological sciences and vel drug delivery techlogies 160 end-of-chapter problems with step-by-step solutions Demonstrations of how computational software such as MATLAB and Mathematica solve complex drug delivery problems Control of Biological and Drug-Delivery Systems for Chemical, Biomedical, and Pharmaceutical Engineering is written primarily for undergraduate chemical and biomedical engineering students; however, it is also recommended for students and researchers in pharmaceutical engineering, process control, and systems biology. All readers will gain a new perspective on process dynamics and control theory that will enable them to develop new and better techlogies and therapeutics to treat human disease.
- Author BiographyLAURENT SIMON, PhD, is Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering and Associate Director of the Pharmaceutical Engineering Program at New Jersey Institute of Technology. His research and teaching interests focus on modeling, analysis, and control of drug delivery systems. Dr. Simon is the author of Laboratory Online, a series of educational and interactive modules that help engineers build a strong understanding of drug delivery technologies and their underlying engineering principles. During his time at NJIT, Dr. Simon has received the Excellence in Teaching Award, Master Teacher Designation, and Newark College of Engineering Saul K. Fenster Innovation in Engineering Education Award.
- Author(s)Laurent Simon
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Notefigures
- Weight658 g
- Width164 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.