All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a comprehensive reference source for practicing engineers and students specializing in electric power engineering and industrial electronics. It will illustrate the state of the art in induction motors. Beginning with characteristics and basic dynamic models of induction motors, and progressing to low- and high- performance drive systems. The book will be rich in useful information, without an excessive mathematical burden. Computer simulations resulting in mock oscillograms of physical quantities are used for illustration of basic control concepts. The content of this book is divided into three basic parts: 1) control-oriented description of induction motors, 2) control methods, and systems, 3) control means. An induction motor is presented as an electromechanical power converter, and basic relations between the electrical, magnetic and mechanical quantities in the motor will be explained. Control methods and systems will be classified according to the controlled variables(torque, speed, flux), actuating variables(voltage, current), and dynamic performance (uncontrolled, low-performance, and high-performance). An overview of power electronic converters and information processing equipment used in the modern induction motor drives is included. Such systematic approach will give the readers a comprehensive overview of the field of induction motor control.
- Author BiographyAndrzej Trzynadlowski is a Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno. He is a senior member of the IEEE and a member of the Industrial Drives and Industrial Power Converters Committee of the IEEE Industrial Applications Society. He is the author of over 80 publications in the areas of power electronics and electric drive systems and has been granted 11 patents.
- Author(s)Andrzej M. Trzynadlowski
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication11/10/2000
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleEngineering
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Note1
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.