All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents the proceedings of a symposium on the Control of the thyroid gland~ regulation of its rmal function and growth, held at the National Insti- tutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland on March 20 and 21, 1989. Our motivation for the organization of this symposium was the fast development in re cent years of our understan- ding of the regulation of the thyroid - and the progress in the field of cell regulation in general - which have led to profound modifications of our view of the control of the thyroid. Not so many years aga the thyroid was thought to be controlled by one regulator, the pituitary TSH, which with cyclic AMP in the role of second messen- ger was considered to express or regulate most or all processes in the gland. In the last several years it has been weIl documented that hormones other than TSH and various growth factors are involved in thyroid growth con- trol and it has been increasingly clear that several hor- mones and neurogenic agents are obligate participants in the regulation of thyroid function. In addition, t only new agonists acting on the thyroid have been revealed, but new transducer and second messenger systems have been discovered. In particular the interest has been - and is- focused on the signals emanating from the hydrolysis of the isitol phospholipids, comprising the isitol tris- phosphate/Ca2~ pathway and the diacylglycerol/protein kinase C pathway.
- Author(s)Ragnar Ekholm
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/06/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number261
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note65 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight787 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.