All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThe current demand for the development of techniques for controlled genetic manipulations is driven by the anatomical and physiological complexity of the brain and by the need for experimental models that can address this complexity through selective manipulation of defined components of the system: specific neuronal populations or selected synapses. In Controlled Genetic Manipulations , expert researchers present detailed chapters to supply basic technical information about controlled genetic manipulations and to provide examples of creative implementation of this methodology when addressing a unique biological problem. Some chapters of the book describe the most recent developments in the basic methodology, which includes use of Cre-recombinase, methods for delivery of genetic material into the brain and the use of optogenetics, whereas other chapters focus on applying these techniques to addressing particular biological questions like structural and functional mapping of neuronal circuits, analysis of specific synaptic connections, modeling or gene therapy of neurological disorders. As part of the Neuromethods series, chapters include key implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results. Authoritative and practical, Controlled Genetic Manipulations serves as a valuable guide to a variety of techniques, provided by many of the pioneers of the approaches.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication10/01/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleNeuromethods
- Series Part/Volume Number65
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 27 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight652 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlexei Morozov
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.