All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionThe United States Air Force (USAF) has experienced a dramatic increase in hearing loss claims since 2001. Additionally, many operations within the USAF expose personnel to hazardous dust levels. Likewise, the US mining industry has difficulties controlling hazardous ise and dust exposures in underground mining. Specifically, studies have shown that coal mine longwall shearer operators are routinely exposed to ise levels at 151 percent of the allowable dose and approximately 20 percent exceed regulatory dust levels. An above ground full scale model of the underground shearing operation was developed to test the feasibility of mounting a permanent partial barrier on the longwall shearer. The barrier was constructed and tested at the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Pittsburgh Research Laboratory (NIOSH-PRL) longwall test facility. The barrier achieved as high as a 7.3 dB(A) reduction in ise levels and a 96 percent reduction in respirable dust. Several predictive models were tested and compared to measured ise reduction results. A final spreadsheet was developed as a tool for base level Bioenvironmental Engineers to determine when a partial barrier may be an effective engineering for controlling hazardous ise or dust within USAF industrial operations.
- Author(s)Daniel D Sweeney
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight231 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.