All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionIntended for readers who have taken a basic heat transfer course and have a basic kwledge of thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and differential equations, Convective Heat Transfer, Third Edition provides an overview of phemelogical convective heat transfer. This book combines applications of engineering with the basic concepts of convection. It offers a clear and balanced presentation of essential topics using both traditional and numerical methods. The text addresses emerging science and techlogy matters, and highlights biomedical applications and energy techlogies. What's New in the Third Edition: * Includes updated chapters and two new chapters on heat transfer in microchannels and heat transfer with nafluids * Expands problem sets and introduces new correlations and solved examples * Provides more coverage of numerical/computer methods The third edition details the new research areas of heat transfer in microchannels and the enhancement of convective heat transfer with nafluids. The text includes the physical mechanisms of convective heat transfer phemena, exact or approximate solution methods, and solutions under various conditions, as well as the derivation of the basic equations of convective heat transfer and their solutions. A complete solutions manual and figure slides are also available for adopting professors. Convective Heat Transfer, Third Edition is an ideal reference for advanced research or coursework in heat transfer, and as a textbook for senior/graduate students majoring in mechanical engineering and relevant engineering courses.
- Author BiographySadik Kakac has been known as one of the most recognized scientists in the field of heat transfer. He received his MS in mechanical engineering in 1959 and his MS in nuclear engineering in 1960, both from MIT. He received his Ph.D. from the Victoria University of Manchester, UK (1965). He has authored and co-authored over 200 scientific papers on transient and steady-state laminar forced convection, turbulent forced convection, two-phase flow instabilities, fuel cells modeling, and heat transfer in microchannels with slip flow. He is currently involved in convective heat transfer enhancement with nanofluids in single-phase and two-phase conditions.
- Author(s)Anchasa Pramuanjaroenkij,Sadik Kakac,Yaman Yener
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note164 black & white illustrations, 98 black & white tables
- Weight1202 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.