All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book grew out of a symposium held in the University of Aberdeen in May 2000. It examines the extent to which the European Union has brought about and should bring about convergence of law in Europe,in particular, but t exclusively, public law in Europe. Rather than focusing narrowly on the Intergovernmental Conference process, the book engages those who wish a detached and, at times, theoretical examination of the politics of institutional reform in the EU (Michael Keating and Joanne Scott); of the legal techniques for accommodating diversity within the Union and the process of treaty making or constitution building in the EU (Deirdre Curtin, Ige Dekker, Bru de Witte and Carole Lyons); the cross-fertilisation of administrative law concepts between the EU level and the national level (Chris Himsworth, Ton Heukels and Jamila Tib); the need for and legitimacy of a European Union competence on human rights (Grainne de Burca, Paul Beaumont and Niamh NicShuibhne); and whether private law and public law differ in the extent to which they go to the heart of (reflect) national culture and therefore in the extent to which they are amenable to convergence (Carol Harlow, Pierre Legrand and Neil Walker).
- Author BiographyPaul Beaumont is Professor of European Union and Private International Law at the University of Aberdeen. Carole Lyons is a Lecturer in Law at the University of Aberdeen. Neil Walker is Professor of European Law at the EUI Florence.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/06/2002
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2002
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight568 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byCarole Lyons,Neil Walker,Paul Beaumont
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.