Convergent Journalism: An Introduction: Writing and Producing Across Media by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.53Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConvergent Journalism: An Introduction is a pioneering textbook that will teach you how to master the skills needed to be a journalist in today's converged media landscape. This book shows you what makes a news story effective, and how to identify the best platform for a particular story, whether it's the Web, broadcast or print. The bedrock tenets of journalism remain at the core of this book, including information dissemination, storytelling, audience engagement. After establishing these journalism basics, the book goes into great detail on how to tailor a story to meet the needs of various media. Vincent F. Filak has brought this second edition completely up to date through: * A thorough reorganization of the chapters, which provides a newer, more practical approach focused on how to do convergent journalism, rather than simply observing the current state of converged media. * A number of new pedagogical features to improve learning and retention, including examples, exercises, breakout boxes and more. * Coverage of additional topics such as issues of law and ethics in digital media, and also writing for mobile platforms and social media. * A companion website with links to additional examples of quality text, images and multimedia for students, as well as an instructor site with a test bank, suggested exercises and discussion questions.
- Author BiographyVincent F. Filak, Ph.D. is an associate professor at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, where he teaches writing and editing courses and serves as the adviser to the school's award-winning newspaper, The Advance-Titan. He has taught journalism courses at the University of Missouri, the University of Wisconsin and Ball State University, where he also advised the Ball State Daily News. He produced the first edition of this book, Convergent Journalism: An Introduction, with Dr. Stephen Quinn, and co-authored the book The Journalist's Handbook for Online Editing with Dr. Kenneth L. Rosenauer. He has contributed to the books Media in an American Crisis: Studies of Sept. 11, 2001 and Understanding Media Convergence, and has extensively published research on issues of media convergence, e-learning and student journalism.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 57 black & white halftones
- Weight521 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byVincent F. Filak
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.