All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnly eight people have been privileged to hold the job of Secretary General since the United Nations founding in 1945. And only one of them has ever told the inside story of the UN while still holding that special office. That man is Ban Ki-moon, the veteran diplomat and former star foreign minister of South Korea w in his second term as SG . Because he understands that the UN is in crisis and because he fears the reasons for this are t widely understood he believes it is time to unveil the truth about the organization and explain why its failure would be a catastrophe. The result, via unprecedented conversations with American journalist Tom Plate, is a deeply revealing book about the kinds of issues and challenges whose resolutions (or lack thereof) will in fact determine the future of the world.
- Author BiographyTom Plate is an experienced writer, journalist and syndicated columnist. He is currently Distinguished Scholar of Asian and Pacific Studies at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, where he founded The New ASIA MEDIA website.
- Author(s)Tom Plate
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Weight372 g
- Width140 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.