All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionConversations with Kazuo Ishiguro collects nineteen interviews, conducted over the past two decades on both sides of the Atlantic and beyond, with the author of Booker Prize-winning The Remains of the Day. The interviews collectively address the entirety of this literary artist's career, affording readers of Ishiguro (b. 1954) the most vivid portrait yet of contexts and influences behind vels that have been garnering awards for a quarter-century. The interviews focus on the author's six vels--A Pale View of Hills, An Artist of the Floating World, The Remains of the Day, The Unconsoled, When We Were Orphans, and Never Let Me Go--but also treat his short fiction, screenplays, and film adaptations of his vels. The writer's evolving understanding of himself, his Japanese heritage, and his use of English and Japanese history are also discussed at length. Though readers might expect Ishiguro to be reticent, given the nature of his protagonists, his responses are full, thoughtful, and frequently witty. The volume includes interviews from British, French, and American periodicals, a conversation between Ishiguro and acclaimed Japanese velist Kenzaburo Oe, and a new interview conducted with the book's editors.
- Author BiographyBrian W. Shaffer is professor of English and dean of academic affairs for faculty development at Rhodes College. He is the author of The Blinding Torch: Modern British Fiction and the Discourse of Civilization and Understanding Kazuo Ishiguro, among other works. |Cynthia F. Wong is associate professor of English at the University of Colorado at Denver. She is the author of Writers and Their Work: Kazuo Ishiguro.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleLiterary Conversations Series
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Out-of-print date08/08/2014
- Content Noteill
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBrian W. Shaffer,Cynthia F. Wong
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.