All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.61Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.15
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the biblical story of Ruth to the star conversion of Elizabeth Taylor, Converts to Judaism tells the stories of people who have converted to Judaism throughout history. The book introduces readers to origins of Judaism and shares the first conversion stories of the people who helped the early Jewish faith grow. Subsequent chapters trace the trajectory of Judaism through the ages while highlighting the stories of converts-both well-kwn and lesser-kwn-and how they shaped the tradition. The book includes t only the story of Warder Cresson, who was put on trial for insanity after converting to Judaism, but also famous celebrities who became Jewish such as Marilyn Monroe and Sammy Davis, Jr. Written by a ted expert on the conversion process, Converts to Judaism serves as a unique resource to people considering the challenging path of conversion and an illustration of the important, and sometimes surprising, role Jewish converts have always played in Jewish life.
- Author BiographyLawrence J. Epstein is professor emeritus at Suffolk County Community College, where he taught courses on Jewish Thought and Culture. The founder of the Conversion to Judaism website, he has written on the subject for a wide range of publications. He is the author of a number of books, including The Basic Beliefs of Judaism and Conversion to Judaism: A Guidebook.
- Author(s)Lawrence J. Epstein
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication14/01/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight467 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.