All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2012, Time Magazine named Rene Redzepi & Claus Meyer (owners of NOMA restaurant) as two of the World's 100 Most Influential People, for putting Denmark on the world's gastromic map, and for influencing a new generation of chefs around the world. The New Nordic Cuisine is about getting out into the countryside to forage for the best and most unusual ingredients. It's about experimenting and presenting exciting new ways of combining traditional foods. It's clean, elegant, natural and delicious. In this book, Mikkel Karstad, consultant chef and advisor to the NOMA team, takes this inspiration home. In his own kitchen he shows us how to make 5-6 different dishes from a selection of fourteen favourite ingredients. These range from fennel, berries and sage, to squid, beef and lamb. Beautifully yet sparsely photographed and designed, this book will take you on a culinary adventure into the heart of pure Scandinavian cooking.
- Author BiographyMikkel Karstad is now the Head Chef at Christianborg, the Danish Parliament, food writer and former gastronomic advisor to Claus Meyer (co-founder of NOMA). Mikkel trained at Tante Claire in London, Bagatelle in Paris and Kommandant in Norway. He is also the food stylist behind several Danish cookbooks - including the giant Almanac by Claus Meyer - and contributes regularly to several Danish magazines.
- Author(s)Mikkel Karstad
- Date of Publication28/03/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1179 g
- Width198 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anders Schonnemann
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $105.10Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.