All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe debut cookbook from critically acclaimed chef Brendan Collins with 100 recipes to impress your mates Are you looking for tasty, bullshit food? You ve come to the right place. Cooking, Blokes & Artichokes is for every bloke searching for inspiration and a solid guide to good cooking. Brendan s 100 straightforward recipes can help any modern man broaden his kitchen skills from making proper vinaigrette to the foolproof technique for braising meat. Brendan covers everything, from super simple side dishes, such as Roasted Winter Vegetables and Burrata Salad, to game day nibbles such as Spiced Lamb Shanks, Homemade Pita Breads, and Spiced Yogurt Dip, and ending with desserts; the book wouldn t be complete without his famous Sticky Toffee Pudding. Sometimes it s about a quick meal thrown together on the fly mushrooms on toast, or a lamb burger charred up nicely on the grill but when you have some time to tinker, Brendan will show you how to roast a pig s head to glistening, golden perfection, cure your own duck prosciutto, and put up jars of silky, savory caramelized onion compote for a crazy flavor boost. Over time, you ll grow into a solid, intuitive cook just wait and see. So go ahead; roll up your sleeves and get cooking.
- Author BiographyBrendan Collins is executive chef of Birch, Larry's, and The Corner Door in Los Angeles. He has appeared on Spike TV's Bar Rescue and MTV's House of Food, as well as The Esquire Channel's Knife Fight. Drawing on his training in butchery and belief in using the whole animal, Collins is dedicated to using only the best ingredients and cooking food that he likes to eat. He worked at several prominent restaurants in London, including those of Marco Pierre White, before moving to L.A. He combines impeccable French technique, seasonal California ingredients, and his inimitable British lad attitude to his cuisine.
- Author(s)Brendan Collins
- PublisherKyle Cathie Limited
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKyle Cathie Limited
- Content Note, colour illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width208 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byCurtis Stone
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.