All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionWith modern cookery books always at the top of the bestseller lists, Sophia Waugh looks at the differences - and the similarities - between cooking then and w. Cooking People focuses on five female writers who have revolutionised home cooking. From Hannah Woolley who was, in the seventeenth century, the first woman to make a living from cookery writing, to the much-loved Isabella Beeton and Elizabeth David, Waugh investigates the what, how and why of English eating. As both a history of food writing and book of recipes for the kitchens of today, Cooking People is a fascinating overview of the way the English have eaten over the last few centuries. Looking t at the grand dishes of the courts, but at the domestic cookery at the heart of our culture, Sophia Waugh traces the food writers who have changed the way we eat.
- Author BiographySophia Waugh is the author of four novels and a biography of Marina, Duchess of Kent, and is the daughter of Auberon Waugh. She was educated at Durham University and now teaches English in a secondary school in Somerset. She is the mother of four daughters, who will eat anything they are given.
- Author(s)Sophia Waugh
- PublisherQuartet Books
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuartet Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.