All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionCook without worry or intimidation! Cooking without a Parachute began as a cooking class for teenagers graduating from high school with my older daughter. She was interested in learning some basic cooking skills and thought her friends would enjoy that too. We had a class with eight kids headed to college and called it Cooking without a Parachute: No recipe, fear. They learned basic knife skills, how to turn on a stovetop burner and how to saute chicken in a pan. I taught that class and others while I was a personal chef. I had numerous requests for catering which I could t do in Tulsa without a certified professional kitchen. And, there is really place where you can go to cook on a regular basis. So Urban Kitchen was born. People from all walks of life and cooking skills come to the kitchen to learn everything from basic knife skills to risotto making to butchering a chicken. And, most importantly, they have a great time doing it. These recipes represent the first two years of Urban Kitchen and a few come from those years before. They are favorite, often requested, recipes from those classes. As I tell everyone who cooks at Urban Kitchen...recipes are merely a guide. Take them and make them your own.
- Author BiographyChef Candace Conley comes from a long line of talented home cooks and has developed her self-taught culinary style over the past 30 years. She created The Girl Can Cook!, a personal culinary service, as a personal chef but recently has taken her style of Cooking Without a Parachute to the next level to become the owner of Urban Kitchen on Cherry Street, specializing in cooking classes and intimate catered events. Chef Candace appears regularly during the cooking segments on FOX23 and The News on 6 (both in Tulsa, OK), her food, and cooking style, have also been regularly featured in the Tulsa World and, as a personal chef, was profiled in the Tulsa Business Journal. She has been a featured contributor to Men's Fitness magazine where her Table for Four: Guy Friendly Dinner Party appeared; she was also the spotlighted chef in the American Personal and Private Chef's Association's e-zine, a la minute. Chef Candace entered and won the 2009 Cooking Light Sponsor Supported Ultimate Reader Recipe Contest and that recipe was featured in the Tulsa World's Year's Best Recipes for 2009. Most recently, Chef Candace was chosen as one of 2013's Hot 100 in Urban Tulsa Weekly.
- Author(s)Candace Conley
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.