CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- Description<b>As of Jan. 1 2017, this original version of <i>Cooking for Chemo ...and After!</i> IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. There is a NEW and IMPROVED version available which includes all the original content plus: metric conversion charts, a much easier to read font, and an updated cover. Please take the few seconds to move over to the New <i>Cooking for Chemo ...and After!</i> version 1.5. Be sure to leave your reviews on the updated version of the book as well. Thank you. Chef Ryan Callahan</b> For more information, please visit our website: http: //www.cookingforchemo.org/ <b>Other books by Chef Ryan Callahan: </b><i>Cooking for Kids With Cancer</i><i>Chef Ryan Callahan's Tasting Journal</i><b>Gourmand World Cookbook Award Winner - Best New Health and Nutrition Book 2016: </b> Empower yourself to take control one bite at a time. <i>Cooking for Chemo ...and After!</i> is a how-to-cook cookbook that teaches you how to adjust your cooking for someone going through chemotherapy. Chemotherapy completely changes the way foods taste and smell making some of your favorite foods taste terrible. This cookbook empowers you to take control teaching you how to correct the flavor of your favorite foods so you can enjoy eating again! It specifically teaches you how to overcome side-effects like metallic tastes, mouth sores, loss of appetite, and nausea. This book is filled with 90 pages of culinary theory you need to kw to make a difference and over 100 pages of recipes that will teach you how to apply what you just learned. This book was written by Chef Ryan Callahan, a 15 year hospitality industry veteran, based on his first hand experience acting as primary caregiver for his mother while she went through cancer and chemotherapy treatments. Anybody who has ever gone through chemotherapy, acted as a caregiver, or kws someone who has gone through chemo will admit that combating and living with the terrible eating related side-effects of chemotherapy was one of the hardest parts of going through chemotherapy. Inability to eat can t only starve you, but break your will to live, and dramatically reduce your quality of life. This book specifically addresses this problem head on and gives you easy, real life solutions to tackle these issues. These solutions can be employed in conjunction with any diet regimen or dietary restriction. <i>Cooking for Chemo ...and After!</i> is t a new fad-diet cookbook or a what to eat, what t to eat nutritional guide. <i>Cooking for Chemo ...and After!</i> is a book that teaches you how to think and cook like a chef. It is a book that teaches you how to adjust flavor. This book will change the way you cook and see food. <i>Cooking for Chemo ...and After!</i> will change your life!
- Author BiographyChef Ryan Callahan is the author of Cooking for Chemo ...and After!, Cooking for Kids with Cancer, Cooking for Cancer and After, and Chef Ryan Callahan's Tasting Journal. Chef Ryan won a 2016 Gourmand World Cookbook Award for his ground-breaking book Cooking for Chemo ...and After! He is a hospitality industry veteran with over 15 years of hands on culinary experience. Chef Ryan is currently focused on teaching the cancer and chemotherapy community how to think, act, and cook like a true chef. The cooking techniques contained within his books were developed after he became his mother's primary caregiver during her battle with breast cancer. His years of culinary experience combined with this unique hands on learning opportunity created the ground breaking ideas first discussed in Cooking for Chemo ...and After!
- Author(s)Chef Ryan Callahan
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date12/01/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.