All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>The oft-heard mantra, Eat Seasonally, Locally, and Organically need t be daunting. Nor should eating more fresh fruits and vegetables. Williams-Soma <i>Cooking from the Farmers' Market</i> makes both tions easily achievable for today's busy home cook.</b> Williams-Soma <i>Cooking from the Farmers' Market</i> will show you how easy and satisfying it is to practice farm-to-table cooking in your own home. Recipes span all courses of a meal from mouthwatering appetizers such as crisp bruschetta with spicy broccoli rabe; starters such as lemony mixed bean salad or creamy cauliflower soup; main dishes like decadent tomato and mozzarella tart or juicy pork tenderloin topped with tangy rhubarb chutney; and to end the meal, tender cornmeal shortcake piled with fragrant strawberries or luscious sour cherry pie. This essential guide to produce illuminates how to identify, select, and prepare over 100 types of fruits and vegetables fresh from the market, with more than 245 recipes, including one for each ingredient. Enjoying a farmers' market meal is only three steps away: shop for what's fresh; cook with inspiration from these pages; and eat the delicious results.
- Author Biography<b>Tasha DeSerio</b> is a Northern California-based cooking teacher and food writer, and the co-owner of Olive Green Catering. Her writing has appeared in magazines such as <i>Food & Wine</i> and <i>Fine Cooking</i>, and she has contributed to cookbooks such as <i>Chez Panisse Fruit, Chez Panisse Cafe Cookbook, The Pleasures of Slow Food</i>, and <i>Fields of Plenty</i>.<b>Jodi Liano</b> (spokesperson) is an author, recipe developer, and cooking instructor at Tante Marie's Cooking School in San Francisco. She managed the development of Tante Marie's Cooking School Cookbook and is the author of Williams-Sonoma <i>New Flavors for Vegetables</i>. She has also worked as a television food stylist, including a stint with the Food Network.<b>Jennifer Maiser</b> is a San Francisco-based food advocate and writer. She is the editor of the website EatLocalChallenge.com, which encourages readers to support local farmers and producers. Her writing has also appeared in magazines such as <i>Edible San Francisco</i> and <i>Fine Cooking</i>.
- Author(s)Jennifer Maiser,Jodi Liano,Tasha Deserio
- PublisherWeldon Owen
- Date of Publication12/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeldon Owen
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width213 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.