All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCooking basics for children and for students of any age with learning challenges. Easy to understand icons with limited wording and measuring. Fun quizzes and games teach life skills. This book is also designed as a primer for adult group leaders who desire to show children the basics of cooking. Each recipe in this book features instructions for group preparation, with a list of supplies needed for each recipe. Generally, children are invited to help in the kitchen with making cookies and desserts; but often they lack the kwledge and skills to prepare a basic meal. So, how will they learn to make a quick dinner or a nutritious snack? Will they be able to handle a grease fire, or hold a knife properly? How will they kw what certain cooking terms mean? This book provides a fun and easy-to-follow approach to teaching children the basics of cooking. Through preparing simple recipes (many don't even require measuring) and playing thinking games about safety, kitchen termilogy, and nutrition, children gain skills that will last them a lifetime. In working through the lessons in this book, children will become comfortable and confident preparing food in the kitchen, matter what the occasion!
- Author BiographyFran Christensen, (Mrs. C) has been introducing young people to cooking since the 1970's. After retiring from her career in the food industry, she began teaching cooking classes to elementary school children through an after school enrichment program in El Dorado County, CA. (Her first student, her own son, actually grew up to become a chef, graduating with honors from the Culinary Institute of America in New York!) Mrs. C's simple, yet carefully designed lessons and exercises are the result of many years of teaching and gathering feedback from both students and their parents. In her first book, Cooking With Mrs. C: At School she leads students to discover and experience the art of cooking through preparing meals and snacks for themselves. In addition, her simple recipes often provide ideas for appropriate substitutions of ingredients, enabling students to think creatively and use food that is likely on hand in their kitchen at home. Her book provides adults with all the tools and information needed to successfully guide children in the kitchen, and gives students a solid foundation of basic cooking knowledge while effectively establishing good kitchen habits.
- Author(s)Fran Christensen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jenifer Ingerman Miller
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.46
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.08
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.76
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $33.79
- AU $32.09Trending at AU $36.18
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $35.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.