All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCooking with Spice highlights over 30 spices used in favorite international cuisines. Organized by region, this collection of more than 40 recipes shows home cooks how to utilize their own spice racks to create dishes inspired by flavors from around the world. Filled with easy-to-prepare recipes, this book presents recipes from six major cuisines of the world whose home-cooking traditions embrace the use of spices. Chapters are organized by the country of origin: China & Southeast Asia features exotic satays and stir-fries plus home-style favorites seasoned with Asian flair; India offers easy curries, vindaloos and tandoori-style dishes that you can make any night of the week; the Middle East & North Africa shows how to re-create the exotic flavors of the Mediterranean, such as spiced stews, tagines, and kabobs; Europe offers spice-laden cuisine like fiery Italian pasta and pizza to paprika-rich braises of Hungary to cardamom-spiced baked goods of Sweden and many more; Latin America & The Caribbean touches on the food of central and south America, Cuba, and Jamaica with grilled, spiced-rubbed meats and fish, soups, and fragrant desserts; and North America embraces the proverbial melting pot with spiced seafood boils, creole-spiced dishes, dry-rubbed barbecued ribs, and Tex-Mex favorites. A primer on must-have spices for your pantry and tips for using them round out this unique take on cooking traditions around the world.
- Author BiographyJennifer Newens is a seasoned cookbook editor and food writer based in the San Francisco Bay Area. She is author and co-author of numerous cookbooks and received her culinary training from the prestigious Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York.
- Author(s)Jennifer L. Newens
- PublisherWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWeldon Owen, Incorporated
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight567 g
- Width191 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.