Cool Spaces!: The Best New Architecture by Robert Cramer Ned Thrush George Ivy, Stephen Chung, Harvard-Yenching Professor of Korean History Sun Joo Kim (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionCool Spaces captures the series premiere of the Cool Spaces show, public television's first program to explore the most provocative and bold American architecture of the last decade. The book highlights the first twelve buildings of the series for a fascinating glimpse into the mysteries and realities of architecture. Readers will learn how architects create their designs, why buildings look the way they do, and what it really takes to bring a building to reality. Concept sketches and renderings, additional interviews with the architects, and on set photos from production shoots illuminate the stories behind the buildings, which include the Ruvo Center in Las Vegas by Frank Gehry, the Seattle Public Library in Seattle by OMA/REX, and the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn by SHoP Architects. A narrative and visual journey through the show's production and content, Cool Spaces presents a new and accessible understanding of architecture. Sponsored by the American Institute of Architects
- Author BiographyStephen Chung, AIA, is a Boston-based architect. In addition to practice, Stephen has taught design and drawing at several institutions, including Syracuse, Cornell, RISD, and Yale University. Over the past several years, Stephen has focused on bridging the gap between the architectural profession and the general public. To this end, Stephen is the Host for a television series on public television entitled Cool Spaces: The Best New Architecture. Sun Joo Kim is an architect and writer based in Boston, Massachusetts. A contributing editor for architecture and design at SmartPlanet, Sun Joo has also been published as an architect in Out of the Ordinary: Robert Venturi, Denise Scott Brown and Associates Architecture, Urbanism, Design. Sun Joo received a Bachelor of Architecture from Carnegie Mellon University. Her writing and designs focus on the social and cultural aspects of public spaces. Robert Ivy is the CEO of the American Institute of Architects and a former Editor-in-Chief of Architectural Record. He has been recognised for lifetime contributions to business media and for communicating the value of design to a new generation. Ned Cramer is the Editor-in-Chief of Architect, and editorial director of Architectural Lighting, Eco-Structure, and Metalmag. Ned is a former curator of the Chicago architecture Foundation and executive editor of Architecture magazine. George Thrush is the Director of the School of Architecture at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. George's articles include Ring City: Civic Liberalism and Urban Design and Boston's New Urban Ring: An Antidote to Fragmentation. In 2005, George was named to the American Institute of Architects College of Fellows.
- Author(s)Harvard-Yenching Professor of Korean History Sun Joo Kim,Robert Cramer Ned Thrush George Ivy,Stephen Chung
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintORO Applied Research + Design
- Weight567 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.