CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionNestled in a quiet part of County Tipperary, Coolmore Stud casts as long a shadow as any sporting entity over the history of Irish sport. Founded by the legendary horse trainer Vincent O'Brien, and w managed by John Magnier, Coolmore Stud has grown from a small breeding farm into a global behemoth, rewned the world over for the quality of the horses it produces. Alan Conway tells the story of how Coolmore Stud and its training operation at Ballydoyle have come to dominate the world of horse breeding and racing. Using the stories of the people involved, including the legendary Syndicate of Magnier, O'Brien and Robert Sangster, and of the famous horses it has produced, such as the legendary 'Sadler's Wells', his sons 'Galileo' and 'Montjeu', and the mighty 'Danehill', this book charts the rise of one of Ireland's greatest sporting success stories.
- Author BiographyAlan Conway was horse-racing correspondent for sportsnewsireland.com from 2009-2012. His work has appeared in the 'Sunday Business Post', 'Club Rugby Magazine' and 'Club GAA Magazine'. He is also the co-author of 'Running Through Walls: The Dave Langan Story'.
- Author(s)Alan Conway
- PublisherThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2016
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Mercier Press Ltd
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.