All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.82Trending at AU $55.90
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe newly independent states in Central Asia face development, transformation and regionalization challenges. These include the definition of their domestic and foreign national politics, the build-up of peaceful regional cooperation and the management of the Islamic fundamentalism, sustainable socio-ecomic development and the rehabilitation of the environment in particular water resources. Apart from country studies the volume presents results from two collaborative research projects on Central Asia regarding water resources and political developments. It combines views from politicians and scientists both from Central Asia and Germany towards these matters and gives an overview about the most pressing problems as well as ideas for their solution in the Central Asian region.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Ernst Giese is professor for economic geography and director of a research project about water resources in Central Asia at the University of Giessen. Reimund Seidelmann is professor for international relations and foreign policy. He is director of a research project about conflict management and regional cooperation in Central Asia at the University of Giessen.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleSchriften Zur Internationalen entwicklungs- Und Umweltforschung
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notefig. and tables
- Weight390 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byErnst Giese,Reimund Seidelmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.